In Scotland, we are accustomed to experiencing four seasons in one day and some extreme conditions at times. We hope we can give some valuable advice to keep you and your loved ones and neighbours safe in times when the elements really test us. In this section, you will be able to gain advice about how you may stay safe in times of extreme heat, flooding and extreme cold. Please use the supporting page links below to find out more.
Before travelling it is advised that you should:
- check the weather forecast and road conditions, including Police Scotland travel advice.
- if travelling, consider whether you need to travel right now or if you can wait until the weather improves.
- consider alternative routes, in case of flooding
- consider alternative modes of transport.
- allow extra time for your journey.