RLSS UK’s Spring Clean awareness campaign runs every spring and aims to make parents and anyone in charge of children aware of the dangers of water around the home and garden. Practical, common sense tips for the home and garden.
The statistics show us that each year there are preventable deaths within the domestic setting and Water Safety Scotland passionately believes that we all have a responsibility to ensure our homes are safe places.
RLSS UK’s advice
- Empty paddling pools and buckets as soon as they have been used
- Always empty and turn paddling pools upside down
- Securely cover all water storage tanks and drains
- Always pull out the plug
- Never leave children unattended at bath time. Empty the bath as soon as possible after use
- Always put the bath plug up high and out of reach
- Always keep the bathroom door shut
- Always use self-closing gates, fences and locks to prevent children from gaining access to pools of water
For more information, visit the RLSS website.