The Compassionate Friends
The Compassionate Friends is a national organisation of bereaved parents offering support. Our national Helpline, for everyone in the UK, is staffed by volunteers who are bereaved parents themselves and offers support and information 365 days a year.
The Compassionate Friends offer
- A National telephone Helpline open every day of the year
- a comprehensive website and moderated online community forum
- local and specialist support groups and one-to-one support
- online group support for specific circumstances every 6 to 8 weeks, such as bereaved by sudden accidental death, bereaved by suicide or men only father’s group
- a befriending scheme where the newly bereaved are ‘buddied’ by a volunteer longer-bereaved parent (Grief Companions) through similar circumstances
- group support via social media in private, well-moderated Facebook groups
- information leaflets, bereavement support publications and a unique postal library on all aspects of bereavement.
- support for grandparents and adult bereaved siblings (18+) is also available.
Helpline: 0345 123 2304
Hours: daily from 10.00-16.00 and 19.00-22.00 (always answered by a bereaved parent)